Difference between revisions of "Lesson0"
(adding lesson zero)
Latest revision as of 18:04, 16 December 2019
Goal: Creating community is your essential curriculum when developing an OER network This develops through intentionally equitable hospitality. Create a way for participants to successfully complete a task while sharing a bit of themeselves.
Objective: Introduce your self and share your goals for the project.
Materials: shared writing space with a low barrier to entry
- Google Doc
- public etherpad
- Before your meeting create a collection of different photos. For remote meeting you can make this a Google Form
- Begin your meeting with an icebreaker. Have learners share their names, contact info, and the one super power they would choose.
- Have participants look through the photos.
- Have learners choose one photo that represents how they feel about the Ghana OER Network project. Then have learners explain why they chose this image and then write a poem, parapgraph, or post explaining why they chose this poem.
- Then continue with your meeting agenda. You can also do this activity online in a remote group but it is highly encouraged you schedule a synchronus kick off.
- If you will use social media such as Twitter, Mastodon, or even chat apps like Whats App or Telegram encourage participants to share their post.
- Once the photos and/or explanations are posted collect them all. Then make a slide show or slidedeck with the images highlighting a few common themes that stick out.