Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2020-05-02 OER Ghana Meet up
- 2020-05-09 OER Ghana Meet Up
- 2020-05-16 OER Ghana Meet Up
- 2020-05-23 OER Ghana Meet Up
IndieWebCamp Accra Delayed until social distancing restrictions lifted.
- wikimedia markup basics (I can do, have people just make a bio page on goifnetowrk.org)
- session on wikidata (host?)
- session on Wikipedia (host?)
- session on Known websites (host?)
- session on WordPress
- session on OER
- session on creating learnign activities
- Use an unconference approach
- You have the attendees build the schedule
- People suggest sessions they want to run or attend
- Collect all the details and build the session grid.
Online Event Planning
- Choose your collaborative writing space. Etherpad, Google Docs, etc
- Set up a Document as the main room
- Set up a Document for each session room
- Make a page on your Known blog or the wiki for your session.
- [Session Template]
- Film a screencast tutorial ahead of time.
- Keep the video short. Teach one thing per video
- Activate prior knowledge
- Explicitly state what you will teach
- Demo as you model the task. Make sure you verbalize each decision point
- every mouse click
- page movements
- Make video avaialable for download.
- Caption the video
- Try the voice recorder app on Android.
Example Full Day Schedule
- 10:00-10:30 intros with an icebreaker on etherpad
- 10:30-11:15 Create you wiki account (really learn markup but that sounds scary)
- 11:30-12:15 Wikipedia
- 12:15-12:45 lunch
- 12:45-1:30 Wikidata
- 1:45-2:30 Known and IndieWeb
Example Two Hour Schedule
- 13:00-13:20 intros, and show off what your built
- 13:20-13:40 topic one
- 13:40-14:00 topic two
- 15:00-16:00 hack hour